Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Utter bollocks

There's a blog post in the Telegraph from Tim Stanley who appears to believe that islam is way more English than the EDL.

Whither the articulate nutters? Yesterday I got into a Twitter spat with the EDL's Tommy Robinson (isn't Twitter fun? Please don't ban it, Caitlin) and I'm not very impressed. He was angry with a piece I wrote about him linking to an anti-Semitic website, and this cued an evening of tweets accusing me of not understanding the plight of Luton and how I obviously hate the English working class. It's all predictable stuff, but the latter point does interest me. I've often suspected that the EDL's grip on the popular imagination comes from its claim to represent what remains of the native proletariat – and a lot of middle class folks in the media think that maybe they do, which is why they invite Tommy onto TV shows to share his toilet wall history of Islam with the nation. But they're wrong. The EDL's definition of what constitutes the English working class is a classic case of projection.
By contrast, most Muslims cling on to values that were once definitively English and that we could do with rediscovering. Islam instructs its followers to cherish their families, to venerate women, to treat strangers kindly, to obey the law of any country they are in (yes, yes, it really does), and to give generously. One recent poll found that British Muslims donate more money to charity than any other religious group.
Strangely enough I'll bet there are a few of us who have linked to sites that we later wished we hadn't or failed to read the full post. This however does not make Tommy an anti-semite, merely mistaken.
As for the rest...
Islam cherishes family, which is why their men groom young white women because they aren't family or muslims.
Islam tells its followers to venerate women whilst allowing them to beat the crap out of them and the males deciding such matters as contraception, stonings, divorce proceedings etc. all cultural, all islamic all barbaric.
As for giving generously, well they do, do zakat, but they only give to muslim charities and perpetuate poverty in islamic shitholes because the poor have no incentive to better themselves.
Of course, I'll be labelled a snob for writing all of this. So, to reassure the critics, I rang up my father – the most working class Englishman I know – and asked him what he thought of the EDL. "Idiots", he said.
I rather think the father is an idiot, left wing (classes as the same) or has never run into islam or seen its effect on a society which much of the EDL have.
I don't even think Stanley's a snob, I think he's pig ignorant of the devastating effect that islam has had on working class communities. I think he has the wishy washy golden view of islam as held by the NUJ and the left.
I think he's ignored that 12% of the prison population are muslims against 4% of the population.
I think he's choosing to ignore the grooming scandal by muslims sweeping the country.
I think he's ignoring the shariah zones and gay bashing going on in places like tower hamlets.
I think he's ignored Charity walkers being abused in 'muslim areas'
'They told us that they hated dogs and told us to get out of the car park. The children were petrified and asked why these people were calling me a s***'

Victoria Ellis, 36, wife of Steven Ellis
All terribly English? No?

All in all I think Tim Stanley is possibly the most ignorant man on the planet with regard to his views about the EDL.
No wonder comments on his blog piece are closed.

3 annotations:

Anonymous said...

"venerating women" Zanzibar style

http://news.sky.com/story/1125950/zanzibar-acid-attack-get-my-daughter-home

Anonymous said...

Read another story a man in Pakistan apparently his exotic moustache is causing such a furore that he has been threatened with death when will enough be enough

Mrs Proudie of Barchester said...

Goodness! I've read some of Mr Stanley's stuff in History Today. Utter codswallop. Seems like he got his doctorate from the University of Common Purpose.