Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Satisfying my inner elf

Tonight I'm off to see The Hobbit (Desolation of Smaug) as my Christmas treat, it's something I've been quite looking forward too since seeing the previous one.
Yes I know there are purists out there who don't like the Peter Jackson touch with the addition of a few scenes and characters not in the original book, although in the case of Legolas as his father was the King Elf then at least he has a reason (sort of) for being in it.
Other bitches I have heard are that it's far too long (all three movies) both in the number of and the length of the films themselves. In my case like the Lord of the Rings there's no such thing as too long and was a tad disappointed that Tom Bombadil didn't make an appearance in the first Lord movie.
However this is my treat as well as Lady QM's and I'm pretty damned sure we're going to enjoy it having read the books and other addendums.
I do however wonder if Jackson would or could tackle the Silmarillion, perhaps that would be a step too far...

1 annotations:

Pavlov's Cat said...

Hope you enjoyed , took a day off yesterday and went up to see it on the big screen in Leicester Square as my treat to myself. (did the same for all the LOTR as well )

I found a lot better than the first one